Effective Date: May 23, 2011
- The information we collect and use, including how we generally use that information.
- What we share and disclose and why and to whom.
- What “Cookies” and “Web beacons” are and how we use them.
- How to update and delete your account information.
Information Collection and Use
- We collect personal information from you whenever you interact with Jspace, such as when you:
- register with Jspace,
- use our products or services,
- enter promotions or sweepstakes, and
- visit web pages on Jspace or on the websites of certain of our partners.
- We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register, we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender and ZIP code. Once you register with Jspace and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. You are free to use Jspace without registering or setting up a personal Jspace Account; however, some of our services and web pages are available only to those who are Members.
- We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- When making purchases on the site, we may require additional information, including credit card billing information.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Jspace cookie information and the pages you request.
- We use your personal information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients. In short, the information you provide us can help us to understand how to make the website more convenient and useful to you.
- In general, we provide access to your personal information only to Jspace employees and contractors who we believe need that access in order to do their jobs and to provide products or services to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Member profile information is displayed to people in order to facilitate Member interaction in the Jspace social networking community.
- We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or
services you request, when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Jspace under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Jspace communicate with you about offers from Jspace and our marketing partners.
- Where we require additional information, including but not limited to your credit card billing information, we use such financial information to bill you for use of our services and products. By making a purchase, or engaging in any other kind of activity or transaction that uses financial information on the Jspace website, you consent to our providing of your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we determine necessary to support and process your activities and transactions, as well as to your credit card issuer for their purposes.
- We may sometimes share aggregate non-personal information with third parties such as the media, advertisers and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as numbers of Jspace Members who live in a particular state or fall within a particular age group. Such aggregate information is gathered from individual Jspace Members’ information but is not traceable to any specific identifiable Jspace Member.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We do not share your personal information with our advertisers. However, the advertising we display is targeted to users of particular services and content. So if you view or click on a targeted ad, the advertiser (or other companies affiliated with the advertiser) may assume that you meet the targeting criteria.
Your Ability to Update and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can update your Jspace Account Information, including your biographical and profile information, at any time, by going to the Account Settings page and editing your profile.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Notifications settings page from time to time. Members who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain important communications relating to the Jspace service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, throughout the term of your personal Jspace account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these important communications.
- To leave Jspace and cancel your membership altogether, once you’re logged in, you can deactivate your account from your Accounts Settings page. Deactivation will prevent you from logging in to Jspace, remove your profile, remove any connections you have made and you will no longer receive emails from Jspace or its Members.
Questions and Suggestions